Hazelnut White Chocolate Chip Cookies
These delicious cookies from baker Joy MacDaniels of Occasions for Joy feature Oregon hazelnuts, macadamia nuts and our Laurel roasted hazelnut butter. They’re sure to put a smile on your face this holiday season or any time throughout the year!
Recipe development and photograph by Joy MacDaniels of Occasions for Joy. Instagram: @occasionsforjoy
- 1 cup whole hazelnuts toasted
- 1 cup coarse meal, or 1 1/2 cups whole hazelnuts
- 14 tablespoons butter softened, plus 4 more tablespoons melted.
- 1/3 cup hazelnut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package white chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Coarsely chop the 1 cup toasted hazelnuts; set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the 4 tablespoons melted butter, remaining hazelnuts or coarse meal, and hazelnut butter. Cover and process until the mixture forms a thick paste; set aside.
- In medium bowl, cream the softened butter. Beat in the sugars. Add egg and vanilla, and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in ground hazelnut mixture until blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to batter and mix just until combined. Stir in white chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool and store in airtight container.
Makes approx. 5 dozen cookies