Hazelnut Granola Crunch
Oregon hazelnuts shine in this granola mix, a perfect snack and a great gift idea this holiday season!
Recipe and photography by Joy MacDaniels of Occasions for Joy. Instagram: @occasionsforjoy
- 1/2 Cup Hazelnut Oil (you can also sub part Coconut Oil)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pour mixture over the following, and mix until well coated:
- 5 cups Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1 cup diced hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips- add once cooled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix the ingredients together and heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour onto 11×17 cookie sheet lined with parchment. Bake in heated oven for 30-35 min. Rotate pan halfway through. Let cool on a wire rack for an hour. Break granola into chunks and add in chocolate chips if desired once cooled. Store in airtight container or Ziploc bag.